Residential Single Stream sorting and processing is not easy, but our experience can help you. Over the past 35 years of installing waste sorting systems, including placing equipment in over 200 single stream MRFs throughout North America, we’ve learned a thing or two. By partnering with us, you will have comfort in knowing that every last detail from initial concept and equipment layout to parts and service support for your single stream sorting system will be in expert hands.
We want to design today’s single stream system with the flexibility to process tomorrow’s material.
We go step by step through a series of questions to determine what the best single stream system approach is for you.
Single Stream System Analysis—Big questions:
- What is your inbound material composition?
- What are your labor expectations?
- What products do you want to make and at what quality?
- What amount of recovery are you trying to achieve?
Single Stream System Analysis—Detailed questions:
- Are you operating in a bottle bill state?
- Is there a film bag ban?
- Is glass part of the single stream recycling program or collected separately?
- How many newspapers are in circulation in the area?
- Population/demographics of the area.
- How is single stream recycling material collected at the household (carts vs bins)?
- How many days is single stream recycling collected?
- How does the community collect its MSW, organics, ewaste, C&D?
- What is the potential percentage of trash (non-recyclables) in your single stream material?
- How much volume of single stream material do you plan to get in a given day?
- Will trucks be tipping every day, including weekends (and what hours)?
- What types of trucks will be tipping? If transfer trailers, how often?
- How many shifts will you operate?
- How much overtime do you want to operate?
- Will you receive any additional inbound volume that doesn’t need to go over the system?
- What is the desired building size for your single stream system and how much land will the building sit on?
- What are your traffic patterns?
- What happens if your end product outlet closes? Is there an alternative outlet to sell the material?
- How are you shipping your material (by 53-ft van, by rail, by 40-ft shipping container)?
After we develop your single stream sorting system design, we are with you every step of the way…
From initial concept and testing of your single stream system…
To construction of your single stream system…
Through startup and commissioning of your single stream system
All with a lifetime parts and service guarantee—the best product support in the business
We have recently supplied single stream sorting equipment to some of the most automated systems in the world
Call us today to discuss options for your single stream sorting system. We are committed to supplying the best single stream sorting equipment in North America and building single stream systems that are flexible enough to change with the times. The state of recycling is always evolving—your system should, too.