Van Dyk Recycling Solutions has several vacancies across the United States, in Canada and in Mexico. Van Dyk is a rapidly growing company and we are constantly seeking additional service technicians for the installation and service of large industrial recycling equipment installations.
You will be responsible for handling turn-key installation, service and maintenance of all machinery sold by Van Dyk. You will troubleshoot, repair and resolve any issues with the associated equipment. Installations and service can be electrical, hydraulic and/or mechanical in nature. You will maintain contact with the customer, as it pertains to the installation, training, or service of the customer’s machines. Regularly you will have to perform preventive maintenance inspections on machines. Part of the job is also to train the customer on the safe operating procedures and standard preventative maintenance of all equipment.
90% of jobs will require you to travel; 60% of that is within a designated territory (near your home). Deployment in Canada, Mexico and occasionally elsewhere in Central America is also possible
- Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic systems and schematics. Candidate should be able to read electrical and hydraulic diagrams, connection drawings and mechanical drawings. Specifically, on the electrical side candidate should be comfortable working with 480 volt electrical.
- Experience working with relevant large machinery is beneficial. Troubleshooting experience is extremely sought after – being able to diagnose the issue on site and find the optimal solution for the customer.
- Solid verbal communication skills in English (other languages such as Spanish, French, Dutch, German, or Polish are an advantage).
- Excellent customer relations skills. As a Field Service Engineer you are the ambassador of our company. Customer focus and customer friendliness are therefore absolute requirements.
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours and to spend nights on location if necessary.
- Salaried position with paid overtime (travel and work) for anything beyond 8 hours per business day. Work and travel on Saturday and Sunday are considered overtime.
- 20 paid vacation days and 8 paid holidays.
- Paid health insurance for you, your spouse, and dependent children.
- Paid dental insurance for you, your spouse, and dependent children.
- Paid $250,000.00 life insurance policy.
- Profit-sharing pension plan as well as an additional 401K plan offer.
- A varied and challenging position with a high degree of independence within an internationally active organization with strong growth ambitions. Plenty of opportunities for personal development.
For more information about the position or to submit a resume and cover letter please contact Maarten Eenkema van Dijk at [email protected].