We originate. Others imitate.
In 1984, Pieter and Erik van Dijk formed Van Dyk Baler Corp. to establish a market for the Bollegraaf single ram baler. Since then, we’ve grown to become a market leader by embracing a few basic principles:
- Work with customers to offer innovative and profitable recycling solutions
- Lead the industry in the development of new technology
- Utilize the best technology offered worldwide
- Represent only the best manufacturers
- Provide unsurpassed service and technical support
Today we are VAN DYK Recycling Solutions, North America’s leader in developing turnkey sorting systems for single stream, e-waste, MSW processing, C&D, and plastics recycling. We have installed over 2,400 recycling systems and have built the largest MRFs in North America, including 17 Mega-MRFs that process 50+ tph. Our customers include all of the leaders in the recycling industry. We are known for maintaining the highest integrity in the business and for going the extra mile for our customers. We even have a reputation of over-delivering on our promises!
Your local VAN DYK sales engineer is familiar with your business and the materials processed in your market. Applying their experience, they collaborate with our technical market specialists (C&D, MSW sorting, waste-to-energy, RDF, single stream, and e-waste) to design a customized solution. Final system design and engineering is done in collaboration with our CAD design engineers and Bollegraaf’s 20+ engineering staff.
- Introduced the single ram baler with a pre-press flap to North America
- Developed the concept of using StarScreens® for sorting recyclables
- Developed the PaperMagnet® to separate paper from containers
- Developed the PaperSpike® to pull OCC from paper streams
- RoBB—the world’s first fully automated QC sorting robot
- Built labor efficient plants to process 50-70 tph of single stream recyclables
- C&D sorting facilities that utilize less than 6 sorters to process more than 70 tph
- Most MRFs in North America processing over 50 tph of single stream